As per Vedic Astrology, these are the basic characteristics of Planet Moon in astrology, role and importance of Chandra Graha and its representations in male and female life. Detailed significance of royal planet Moon in horoscope prediction are explained below –
Planet Moon Characteristics
- Moon Planet is the Queen of the solar system. She is Vaishya (businessmen) by caste, Rasi Sign- Crab/Cancer and the most vulnerable among all planets.
- She is the natural Karaka of the mother. Owner of the sign Cancer, 4th in the zodiac.
- Female with bright face, tawny in color. Watery, saatwic and Phlegmatic in nature. White, silvery and silky clothes.
- Chandra Graha has her dominion in bathrooms. She has her governance over tanks, wells, seas, rivers etc.
- Represents ‘Rainy’ in all seasons. Silver, Pearl Gemstone, Moonstone Gemstone, females all are important signification of Moon. Pearl Gemstone if wear as Rosary around neck or Ring in little finger it will make moon stronger.
- Exalted in sign Taurus (0-3 degrees), debilitated in sign Scorpio (0-3 degrees), Mooltrikona is sign Taurus (3-30 degrees), own sign Cancer (0-30 degrees).
Also Read : All Basics About Planet Sun
- Signifies chest, breast, lungs, left eye, mind and mood, water/fluid in our body, tuberculosis disease, salty taste,
- Rice, milk, honey, petroleum products, blood flow, sea products, wines, and sea voyage are all things related with Moon.
- Important role in imagination power, sleep, fits, mental ability, versatility, humor, artistic behavior, Navy, tours and travels, Nursing, Sensitivity are all important subjects related and represented by Planet Moon.
- Friends: Sun, Mercury
- Enemy: No enemy
- Constellation/Nakshatra : Rohini, Hasta, Shravan
- Avataar : Krishnavtaar (Poorn Avtaar)
- Moon have forward and even aspect (Agra&Sama drishti)
- Movement : 13 to 15 degrees per day
- Represents trees from which fluid comes out.
Along with the above said there are other concepts such as waning , waxing , new , full moon etc. which we will cover in predictive part.