As per Vedic Astrology, these are the basic roles characterized by Planet Mercury in Astrology, role and importance of Mercury Planet (which is also known as Buddha Graha) in male and female horoscope in sidereal astrology.
Roles of Planet Mercury
- Planet Mercury is the Prince of the solar system.This planet is Vaishya (Businessmen) by caste, Rasi Sign- adolescent girl, twin youth and the most cared among all planets.
- Mercury is the natural karaka of the Speech & Maternal Uncle in Horoscope. It is owner of the sign Gemini (Mithuna) and Virgo (Kanya) Zodiac (Rashi), represent 3rd and 6th house in the horoscope.
- Neuter, possessing attractive physique with ability to make pun or to speak words having double meaning, sense of humour. Grass green in Color. Earthy, Rajasic and Tridosh (blends all three Phlegm, Wind & Bile) in nature. Green color clothes represent this planet, usually wear by to please Planet Mercury and reduce malefic effects.
- Buddha (Mercury) has lordship over playgrounds and places of entertainments, parks, gardens, place of give and take in sidereal system of astrology.
- Represents ‘Winter’ in all seasons. Represents Gold in precious metals, Emerald in precious gemstones, Tourmaline in semi-precious gemstones, lead, astrology, commerce and trade, printing are represented by this planet.
Also Read : All Basics About Planet Saturn
- Exalted in sign Virgo (0-15 degrees), debilitated in sign Pisces (15-20 degrees), Mooltrikona is sign Virgo (15-20 degrees), own sign Virgo (20-30 degrees), Gemini(0-30 degrees)
- Signifies Nervous system, mental illness and diseases, skin, nose, spinal cord, neck,front part of brain, tongue in our body, mixed taste, green gram and Moong dal are all Mercury things.
- Important roles in man and woman versatility, education and learning, mathematics,statistical intelligence, verbal strength, writing work, eunuch, dance, Mridang, tabla telecommunication, rail transport ,internet, literature, journalism, library, editor, book seller, drama,school, colleges are subjects related and represented by Planet Mercury.
- Friends : Sun and Venus Planet in solar system
- Enemy : Moon Planet
- Constellation/Nakshatra : Ashlesha, Jyestha, Revati
- Avataar : Budhavtaar (Ansh Avtaar)
- Mercury have oblique aspect (tiryak drishti)
- Lord of 3rd and 6th house in kaalpurush’s Horoscope
- Movement : 65 to 100 minutes per day
- Represents fruitless trees and plants.